Tuesday, March 3, 2009

CTS 792.5 Cornerstone, with speed

This was the second run of today, a run I didn't want to do. I had done a light workout (CTS 792) doing laundry close to where I live and then running along the course of the upcoming O'Highlands Jig & Jog 5K (March 14).

When I came back home I noticed I had sold a pair of NBA tickets. I don't have a printer hooked up to my computer at home so I usually pledge to run downtown for my long run to prepare the mailer.

Plus I had to run to the local FedEx Kinkos to drop off two other FedEx envelopes.

Anyway, after I dropped off the envelopes I started up the PATH. I thought about turning around but ended up not. I followed some guy who was really slowly riding a bicycle up the double hill to N. Highland Ave. in fact I even passed him on the second part of the hill.

Then I made my way down to downtown and work.

On the way back, my speed kept on increasing. Many times I was running in the low 7-minutes. The last half mile or so I got that down to 6:20, so a really great run although I didn't want to do it earlier in the day.

Time: 4 p.m.
Temp: 46 degrees
Gear: CFLST, SST (UNLV), shorts, AP/D2.

No comments: