Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 2,769: 65.8 miles to go

Normally I should be talking about my 7-mile tempo run today or that the 9-mile run gave me 180 miles for the month.

But I just realized that I have 65.8 miles to go to reach 10,000 miles for the streak! Based on the marathon training schedule, I should hit this mark if not by the end of next week, by Aug. 10, when I have a 14-mile run to do.

Anyway, today's run was pretty good. The temperature started out pretty cool -- 68 degrees. I had thought out the route the day before and it worked out. I hit my race pace six of the seven miles (I had a 9:03/mile pace for the second mile but I think the number of turns I had to do for my turnaround at Boulevard was a factor. I think I'll eliminate this in future tempo runs and just make up the difference in the park).

The 180.77 miles for this July is the second highest number of miles I've ever run. The most I've ever run is 210+ miles in August 2010 as I prepared for the Chicago Marathon.

I've come close to this mark two other months this year, both while doing the half-marathon training schedule -- 178.41 miles in February and 170.6 miles in March.

Time: 6:42 a.m.
Temp: 68 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Eastside Beltline 10K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 31.

No comments: