Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 2,753: 6 x 1/2 mile intervals (1/4 mile recovery)

BETHESDA, Md. -- Man, I thought Atlanta was humid. The A-town has nothing on the D.C. area.

Today rolled around and it was time for six half-mile intervals with a quarter-mile recovery. Since I've stayed in this area a few times already, I knew where I would do the workout -- along the Georgetown Branch Trail.


There's about a mile stretch near the hotel, perfect for running up and down it. In September I ran along the trail to Rock Creek Park.

The trail in this section is dirt and gravel but running fast on it wasn't too bad since my shoes didn't move when I stepped on the gravel as it did on the track in Piedmont Park.

It didn't take too long before I was completely soaked. I felt like I had a decent pace but the data shows that all of my intervals were a little slower than last weeks and only four of the six were under 8 minutes. I'll just have to watch my pace next week.

Time: 6:05 a.m.
Temp: 72 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short, shorts, Skechers Go Run 2.

No comments: