Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 2,746: 8 x .4 mile intervals (Week 3)

I thoroughly enjoyed last week's speed work session. This week, with the interval distance just .15 mile more, it felt like I struggled with the distance.

But when I came back and reviewed the data, all but one of the eight intervals were at my desired pace. The first one even was a little crazy -- a 6:52/mile pace!

Anyway, I dutifully came out to the park and ran to last week's spot behind the pond. For the second interval, I hopped up on the track and ran. 

I only did a few more intervals there since I didn't like how the loose gravel didn't give my feet a lot of traction and even a muscle behind my right knee felt sore while I ran on the track.

So for the last half I left the track and just continued to do my usual loop around the pond. I drank all of the water that I carried with me -- maybe 20 ounces or so -- and that's the first time I did that.

I felt like I survived this session but was happy to see consistency and speed on my side. 

Time: 6:53 a.m.
Temp: 71 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Mission Focus: 2014 Marine Corps Marathon training), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 31.

No comments: