Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 2,765: 12-mile run

This was my longest run since the March 23 Publix Georgia Half Marathon. Going into it, I wasn't very worried about it, although I thought the temperature might be a little daunting.

The schedule called for me to run it at about a 9:30/mile pace, which probably should be no sweat for me, although I don't think I've ever done a long run to pace before.

I started out doing the last part of the Publix half marathon course. At about mile 5.25 I drank a bunch of the water that I carried and I had to decide whether I would run the way I came -- or set out for more water.

I decided on the latter and continued on the race course to Piedmont Avenue, where I finally did get some water at the grocery store at the North Avenue intersection.

With a full bottle, I decided to just run up the length of the avenue past the park. At Monroe Avenue, I jumped into the new Piedmont Commons part of the park and then, knowing exactly the distance I would need since I run in the park so much, tailored the run to mark 12 miles.

I felt pretty good about this run. I made pace in nine of the 12 miles so I feel like the run was moderately successful.

Time: 7:19 a.m.
Temp: 72 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (2014 Publix Half Marathon in training), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 31.

No comments: