Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 2,759: 5 x .6 mile intervals (1/4 mile recovery)

Because of scheduling I switched today's easy 6-mile run for Tuesday's intervals. I felt pretty good about doing so, since the weekend's back-to-back 8-mile runs felt okay and I was ready for a challenge.

So I made my way to Piedmont Park hoping to avoid the rain and right away it felt great to be back on the home training field.

I ran my intervals around the pond area of the park and I kind of felt like last week in Bethesda, like I was trying hard but probably not really getting under 8-minute miles.

But when I looked at the data, I ran faster than 7:35/mile for all of my intervals! It goes to show I haven't gotten down that 5K race pace yet and it is regrettable I didn't run slower at the desired 7:43/mile pace. Two intervals were 7:17/mile and 7:19/mile, which I feel is pretty telling of my overall fitness.

Time: 8:35 a.m.
Temp: 73 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Doug Kessler 10K), shorts, Skechers Go Run 2.

No comments: