Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Day 2,767: 4 x .75-mile intervals

Today came around as a gift -- unseasonably cool at 66 degrees in the morning. Knowing this and knowing my run would not be more than 6 miles today, I went light and ditched the water bottle that has been habitually around my waist.

I wasn't sure how three-quarter-mile intervals would be but I imagined they wouldn't be too much worse than last week's .6-mile workout. I ran my obligatory warm-up mile to the park and then set off at my 5K race pace.

... or better.

The four splits were some of the fastest that I've run -- 7:30/7:18/7:10 and 7:03. I felt like I was running fast but also kind of dialing it in, that I could run even faster if I wanted/needed to.

These kinds of times make me want to run in a 5K race but I'm committed to sticking with my plan of no other races until the Oct. 26 Marine Corps Marathon.

Time: 6:38 a.m.
Temp: 66 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (MCM in training '14), shorts, Skechers Go Run 2.

No comments: