Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 2,774: Climbing the ladder

Today was my first ladder workout and I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out.

A ladder is an interval progression. It involved a quarter mile run, followed by a half-mile, three-quarters mile and then a full mile and on down to three-quarters mile and a half mile. There was a quarter-mile recovery run in between.

Add a mile warmup and cooldown at either end and you're looking at a 7-1/4 mile run.

I actually looked forward to the shorter intervals on the ladder since it has been a while since I've been able to tackle them. Sure enough, on the quarter-mile, I ran a 6:57/mile pace.

The others were also decent enough: 7:06, 7:09, 7:16, 7:20, 7:17. The pace was fast yet I still felt like I had a bunch in the tank.

It was nice to see that after a few weeks of intervals I've developed a little more speed.

Time: 6:45 a.m.
Temp: 68 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Georgia Marathon), shorts, Skechers Go Run 2.

No comments: