Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 2,789: 14-mile run

Today was my first 14-mile run in three years and my second long run at pace (9:30/mile or so). I had a bunch of caches to check on/maintain so the route was easy enough, following the PATH trail into Decatur.

It was a humid day again so it wasn't too long before I was soaked. I got pretty thirsty at mile 9.67 or so and stopped at a store for some Powerade. I drank 3/4 of the 32-ounce bottle (I finished off the bottle two miles later and was pretty much fine for the rest of the run).

I thought about buying a T-shirt at the store but was glad I didn't. Even though I was pretty soaked, the air made my shirt feel cool when I stepped back outside.

I think I made pace for most of the run. It will be hard to tell, though, since I accidentally erased the data or it erased itself for me.

I guess what counted is that I got the workout in and now tomorrow is Week 8 of my marathon training.

Time: 7:09 a.m.
Temp: 72 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Doug Kessler 10K, which is probably the best shirt I have to wear in situations like these in which I know I will be running with a soaked shirt), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 31.

No comments: