Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 2,778: 10,000 miles!

It's funny that just eight months ago I knew that I would eventually hit 10,000 miles for the running streak but did not know whether it would be in 2014.

Today I reached that mark, crossing the 1,186.11 miles needed for the year to reach the five-digit running threshold.

It really hasn't been too much on the mind as of late, since my marathon workouts have been pretty intense. Today I finished 8 miles for the day to have 49.5 miles for the week. Tomorrow is a 14-mile long run.

I had some caches to check on so I ran in Midtown and to Atlantic Station. Although it was hot, the run was pleasant. There was no set pace that I had to run at and really nothing in particular I needed to do later on.

When the watch beeped at 8 miles, I paid attention to the next two-hundredths of a mile -- the exact point where I would cross 10,000 miles for the streak -- and then finished out the run.

Now it's a 14-mile run and 10 more weeks of training until the big race.

Time: 7:49 a.m.
Temp: 70 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Atlanta Track Club), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 31.

1 comment:

Frank McDonald said...

Congratulations on 10,000 miles! I regularly follow your blog and enjoy the posts.