Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 1,338: Half marathon registered

Today I registered for the Atlanta Half Marathon, on the next-to-last day of early registration ($45 through Aug. 31).

What I didn't realize is this year's course will be new. In the past, the full Atlanta Marathon (following the 1996 Olympic course) started and ended at Turner Field and the half marathon started halfway along the course, in Chamblee.

This year, the Atlanta Track Club is not holding the full marathon so the half marathon can start and end at Turner Field. The downtown area is among my favorite places to run, so it'll be interesting what this course ends up looking like.

---------------
Today I had a nice run in pretty cool weather. I woke up with pretty tired legs (we biked from The Carter Center to Decatur along the PATH yesterday) but I found that my pace was pretty good today. Wonder if the biking helped with that.

Time: 9:07 a.m.
Temp: 73 degrees
Gear: CFSST (Big Peach '09), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/C.

No comments: