Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 1,333: Finally, cooler weather

I've been waiting for this day. Finally much cooler weather out for running. Before the marathon long runs started in earnest, I wasn't sure how I was going to survive training in hot Atlanta summer heat.

But the answer came from running early and having plenty of short-sleeved technical T-shirts. Lots of Gatorade mix also helped.

Tomorrow will be the 5th of eight or nine long runs I've planned for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. I've been extremely happy that I've found a nice course that allows me to stop for much needed water along the way.

With cooler weather, I hope to not have to require as much water and go through as many shirts.

Time: 8:21 a.m.
Temp: 74 degrees (94 percent humidity but felt really cool out)
Gear: CFSST (Champion C9 gray), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/C.

No comments: