Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 1,210: Green Dash 5K

This race was almost entirely run within Piedmont Park and I hadn't run in a race there since the Surgeon General's 5K last June.

Weather was an issue this time around. There were some storms prior to the 9 a.m. start but only a little bit of rain when we went out to the park.

A little bit of a crowded start on one of the park's roads. I wasn't sure how fast I would want to run but eventually just being able to pass lots of people helped me into a pace. The first mile was about 7:45 or so.

Things were pretty standard for the second mile, which included running up 10th Street to Piedmont Avenue. Felt good on the downhill slope.

I misjudged the ending of the race. I thought there would be a few more minutes of running but then I hit Mile 3 and just had to kick with the rest of the runners to finish off the race.

Was about a dozen seconds off of my PR -- I think with better planning, maybe I would have been able to come close to it.

Still a nice race.

Time: 9 a.m.
Temp: 62 degrees
Gear: CFSST (Charles Harris '09), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26.

No comments: