Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 1,189: To Swoozie's

Today we decided to do a different run that hopefully would be a little bit easy. We crossed through the park to 14th Street and then up to Peachtree.

Once there, we headed down past the HIGH Museum of Art to Buckhead where a little store called Swoozie's is. Outside the store, my Garming Forerunner 405 ran out of juice, so I had to depend on my Nike+ iPod sensor the rest of the way. Having a backup is so helpful.

When I lived across the street from Piedmont Park I used to often run to this shopping center. It was a nice way to get in a 4-mile run.

It also was good training to negotiate the long, winding hill from that area up to 14th Street that represents the fourth mile of the Peachtree 10K. Surprisingly the hill wasn't too bad -- it's only a killer for me if I'm not in running shape.

We crossed back over 14th and ran to 10th Street and back home. It was also nice running down the slope to Charles Allen, which is the end of the Peachtree 10K.

I think it was about 5 miles, not a bad way to end the week.

Time: 9:30 a.m.
Temp: 60 degrees?
Gear: SST (O'Highlands Jig and Jog 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26.

No comments: