Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 1,199: Middlebear

Today I decided to run the Middlebear course for the first time in a long while. It was a nice course, particularly because there are lots of trees along the way.

When I was running up L2, I got passed by some dude, who was making pretty good headway. He had a five second lead on me by the top of the hill and then he started running pretty fast down it.

At Oakdale and McClendon he had about a block on me going up L3. I decided to wait during the first part of the hill and then made my move near the end of the second part. I passed him going up the third and highest part of the hill and was free all the way to McClendon and Moreland, at which point he turned away.

Still my mantra is if you're going to pass someone, you should 1). Make sure you have enough gas to pass someone, especially going into the hills 2). Pass on the other side of the street.

It was nice to do the whole route again.

Time: 10:30 a.m.
Temp: 62 degrees
Gear: SST (Hillside Monster Dash 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26.

No comments: