Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 1,203: Chicago Marathon is closed

Today I checked the Bank of America Chicago Marathon website and found that the registration now is closed. I'd checked every now and then in between when I registered on Feb. 15 (registration opened on Feb. 1) and now.

I guess it's no surprise. I am glad that I made the decision.

One thing I had hesitated on doing was booking a hotel room at the race hotel. This had been really great the last two big races I've run in, the ING Georgia Marathon and the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten-Miler.

Although there are plenty of hotels in the city, the two hotels I was looking at are booked. No matter. I would probably want to eat a pre-race meal with my folks in the suburbs and make the drive downtown to the race, just as I did more than a dozen years ago when I ran in a 5K race that preceeded the Chicago Marathon.

Today's run below. It was a little bit of improv and I tried to make sure I kept running under as much tree cover as I could.

Time: 10 a.m.
Temp: 71 degrees
Gear: SST (Beltline), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26.

No comments: