Sunday, December 28, 2008

CTS 728: To Aloha Tower

HONOLULU -- It had been raining all day and I really wasn't sure when I would get to run, especially because we're limited today by my cousin's wedding, which is at 4:30 p.m.

Compounding the problem is that I accidentally left my running watch in Maui (my uncle found it and says he'll bring it to the wedding today) and my Garmin is out of batteries.

So I decided to go about it the old fashioned way, carrying my cell phone with a piece of paper and a pen and writing down when I start, when I stop, how long I have to wait at stoplights.

I headed down Nuuanu and just kept going. After a while I felt like I must be pretty close to the water, crossing through Chinatown. Eventually I found Aloha Tower and veered to it.

Coming back it was a little hilly but nothing really steep. Still, my calves were pretty tight like they didn't have much in them.

Two blocks away from my grandmother's house, it started to pour down rain. I neglected to put my Blackberry in a ziploc bag so I tried to shield it the best I could.

It got scary after I got home. It didn't want to turn on and for a few hours I didn't even have Internet access.

But all is well now.

Time: 11:30 a.m.
Temp: 65 degrees (?)
Gear: SST (Las Vegas), shorts, AP/D1.

No comments: