Friday, December 26, 2008

CTS 726: Tranquility lane

KULA, Hi. -- There's something different about this run -- it's lush and green on either side of the road.

Decided to run directly from my grandparent's house to Holy Ghost Church in Kula. It worked out perfectly -- it's about 1.5 miles from the house to Rice Park, another 1.5 miles to the church, and then back.

I wanted to do 6 miles so it worked out.

Only thing was about after 4 miles I started to get tired and lose my form. I'm not sure if it is the 3,000-foot elevation here or the fact that I usually do not run very well the day after a flight.

Either way, I struggled through it. The weather was perfect and I regained my form on the highway on the way back, although I could feel it a little in my legs.

Looks like this trip will be without the GPS watch. It is totally dead and while I brought the charger, I left the docking cradle at home, making this just an expensive paperweight.

Time: 10:30 a.m.
Temp: 59 degrees
Gear: SST, shorts, AP/D1.

No comments: