Friday, February 20, 2015

Day 2,975: 19 degrees on the Silver Comet


DALLAS, Ga. -- It was another cold (19 degrees) morning again but I needed to maintain a few geocaches on the Silver Comet Trail and this was the best time to do it.

For one, the weather might not be as good(!) the next few days.

Anyway, we arrived at the Rambo trailhead (N33 54.905 W084 52.118) and then set up shop and started along the trail.

As expected, no one was about this morning. It wasn't so cold that I needed two layers of pants, so after the first half mile or so when I was turning around to go in the other direction, the khakis came off and all I needed were the single layer of my Brooks Spartan III pants underneath.

Yet when I got to the car at about the first mile I needed to put on my fleece hat. After about 1.5 miles we passed some rocks that had icicles on them. It wasn't too long before our geocaches were fixed and we were back in the parking lot and in the warm car.

No comments: