Saturday, February 14, 2015

Day 2,968: I should have worn shorts on a day like this

This morning I ventured out to the park to do the second workout of my speed interval session.

It was a crisp 28 degrees out yet by my second or third interval around the bowl in the park where Wild Bill Hickok used to do his western shows I was wishing I had worn shorts instead of my trusty Brooks Spartan II pants.

My windbreaker did go around the waist and I debated throughout the workout taking off one of my technical T-shirts.

I felt like the session went well, although I almost blew myself up when the fifth interval came around and wondered if I would be able to finish the workout. But I rallied, telling myself even if I needed to just jog it it would be beneficial. and had a good overall session.

My split times (in per mile pace):

6:59, 7:09, 7:06, 6:56
8:02, 7:26, 7:13, 7:09

Time: 8:06 a.m.
Temp: 28 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirts, long x2, Solomon windbreaker, Brooks Spartan II pants, Skechers Go Run 2.

No comments: