Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 2,948: The shoes I've been looking for?


Was scrolling through the most recent Big Peach Running Co. email and something caught my eye -- the Saucony Zealot Iso.

I just put 500 miles on a pair of Saucony Kinvara 5s. My go-to shoes are the Kinvara's cheaper twin, the Skechers Go Run 3.

Yet the Iso looks very promising, as it is being offered as having "minimum weight and maximum cushioning." It boasts the same 4mm offset as the Kinvara 5 and is slightly heavier with a weight of 8.3 ounces.

The cushioning part of this shoe is what interests me the most. I love running in my Skechers Go Run 2s and the Go Run 3s, but absolutely hate running those lightweight shoes over a rock on the road or in Piedmont Park.

Currently when I'm double-strolling, I'm wearing my old Nike Zoom Air Pegasus 31s (10mm drop, 11 ounces) -- in an attempt to get their maximum mileage (500 miles) out of them but also because of their very sturdy construction -- it is no fun on the feet and legs wearing a lighter shoe like the Kinvara 5 and trying to turn 100 extra pounds of stroller.

So if the Iso's cushioning would help me toward that as well, I would be having my cake and eating it too. This shoe costs $130 -- much more than I normally would pay for a pair of running shoes. But if it lives up to its billing, it would be worth the money.

No comments: