Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 2,945: 11,000 miles for the streak

Today I tried to wait out the rain but really was unsuccessful. It poured down rain when I was in Piedmont Park, making me wonder if it was really worth it to eke out another mile just to hit another milestone.

But the kiddos were both dry and sleeping and my own running gear seemed to be good enough (it never really is for the rain) and so today I dodged puddles and raindrops for 3.25 miles in 44 degree weather to cross 11,000 miles for the streak.

When I got back, one of the little ones still was asleep -- and slept for an hour after the run, prompting me to wait with the stroller in the garage. I guess real rain is just as good to sleep to as machine-made rain sounds from the baby's white noise machine.

The only drawback of having to wait that long was that my clothes were still soaked and it was still a little chilly outside. Fortunately I found a pair of old but dry T-shirts to change into, one of them was from my first real PR, a 22:49 5K time in the April 1, 1998 April Fool's Day Run in Eugene, Ore.

No comments: