Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 2,860: A chilly run in Charlotte

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Week 18, the very last week of marathon training, is supposed to be easy-peasy. Still, there are a few six-mile runs thrown in and running sometimes is difficult when you're in another city.

So I ventured out this morning in what has to be some of the coolest weather I've been in recent weeks. I wandered around downtown to get some geocaches but my hands started to get cold and I was on a time schedule since we wanted to leave the city right after rush hour.

I only ended up doing a little more than two miles of the six that was on the schedule but I rightfully decided that with three days left until the Marine Corps Marathon, it was good enough.

Time: 7:43 a.m.
Temp: 41 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, long (Atlanta Marathon promo), Short-sleeve T-shirt, shorts, Salomon Sense Mantra.

No comments: