Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 1,300: A thousand-mile cat

Today I got up for a short but brutal run. Already about 80 degrees and 85 percent humidity. The good news was that I was about to hit two milestones.

The first is 1,300 consecutive days of running. The start seems so far away now. Every good thing that's happened in the last three and a half years stems from that New Year's Day in 2007.

The second is that I've reached 1,000 miles of running for the year. It's probably the quickest I've reached this mark -- last year I didn't get there until Sept. 25, the day before my 1,000th consecutive day of running and the Big Peach Sizzler 10K.

But there are other things to worry about ahead -- how to plan for the Chicago Marathon amid really brutal heat and possibly an equally hot Chicago half marathon the weekend after next.

Time: 8:45 a.m.
Temp: 80 degrees (85 percent humidity)
Gear: CFSST (Charles Harris '09), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/B.

No comments: