Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 1,287: Hammer of Dawn offline

Today the Hammer of Dawn was out of juice so I just decided to run with my Nike iPod+ sensor instead. It usually shorts me three- or four-tenths of a mile when I run but I just decided to run with it anyway.

Went to do a cat check but also wanted to do a run to close out the week. So I did the Spring Street loop. When I started the weather was really nice and breezy -- like 76 degrees or so. That rose to 81 and felt a little warm but in the end things were ok.

It was nice having a leisurely week after the Peachtree 10K but now I should start doing my long runs in earnest. Hopefully the weather will cooperate -- July seems like it's been pretty mild compared to previous years.

-------

Today I also was able to recover my Cannondale mountain bike from a friend who had borrowed it for about a year and a half. I rode it down the Freedom Park PATH and it was quite fun, even though the tires were half flat. I didn't have a helmet, something I don't usually do, but I was pretty careful with the ride and it turned out ok.

Time: 9:45 a.m.
Temp: 76 degrees to 81 degrees
Gear: CFSST (New Balance red), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/B.

No comments: