Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 1,280: The Peachtree Expo

This year you had to pay an extra fee to have your Peachtree 10K race number and packet mailed to you. Since I work near the expo site, I decided to pick up my race number today.

Generally, race expos are pretty fun -- there are plenty of free samples of things, drawings to enter and neat gear to buy.

I didn't get out of there without paying $20 for a red New Balance technical shirt. I picked up a couple of reusable grocery bags and even got a mini Moon Pie.

This afternoon I spent most of the time analyzing my split times for recent races, fast training runs and even previous Peachtree 10Ks.

I guess it's hard to tell how well you'll do until you're in the middle of it. Like many races I don't plan on working too hard although those are the times that I end up with good race times.

I'm definitely ready for the race, the only thing that remains now is to have fun through it.

Light run today, hopefully this week's long taper will help!

Time: 9 a.m.
Temp: 73 degrees
Gear: CFSST (Green Dash 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/B.

No comments: