Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 1,273: Back in Atlanta

Despite running where you could see the sea in the distance, I enjoyed coming back home and running on familiar routes.

The heat hasn't seemed to be a problem yet -- maybe I brought some of Hawaii's famous trade winds back with me.

My run Friday was pretty brutal. I usually don't run very well after I get off an airplane, but of course I had to continue the streak!

Today we ran out along the Spring Street course. I feel like I'm still acclimated pretty well to Atlanta's famous summer heat.

Today I also bought a 70-ounce Camelbak for my marathon training runs. I used one to pretty good effect in 2000 when I trained for the Portland Marathon.

And I must wait until Friday to go to the Peachtree 10K expo to pick up my race number. My number is in Group A and I can't wait to run in this year's race!

Time: 10 a.m.
Temp: 79 degrees
Gear: CFSST (Champion C9), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/B.

No comments: