Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 1,257: A good running week

I've been able to get up pretty early and run -- many times by 7:30 a.m. -- and avoid the heat, although I still end up with pretty soaked clothes.

I've run 47 miles in the last 8 days, including an 11.44-mile run along the ING Georgia Marathon course yesterday and two nice tempo runs along the gf's 6.57-mile course.

With 11 days left before I should start training for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon (October 17) in earnest, I feel like I have a week and a half of vacation left before the fun really starts.

------------------------

The men's results for the 2010 Summerfest 5K were just all over the place.

It recorded my time 16 seconds off my Garmin time, with a whole bunch of runners ahead and behind me just a second apart. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case. On the female side, they accurately posted my gf's time, she was 3 seconds behind me.

Plus, according to my watch, the race course was short at 3.03 miles. For most of a year I've run the Summerfest course and know that from the start line, 3.1 miles at the finish is actually a little south of Virginia Avenue, not where they had the finish in this year's race.

Add that to the mistake in the O'Highlands Jig and Jog earlier in the year, which resulted in a 2.67 mile 5K. People who want to run in these races will have to just realize that the race series is just for fun and not something you should expect for accuracy.

1 comment:

marianne said...

I watched with my own eyes that you crossed the finishers shoot several paces ahead of me, so definitely under 22:40.
If they plan to post results online, they really should take the effort to have them be accurate!