Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 1,261: A watch for repair

Today's run will involve sending in my Garmin Forerunner 405, which I've only had for a few months.

It has a novel touch bezel on the outer face of the watch that, in my opinion, causes all kinds of problems. If you don't lock it during the run, anything can strike it and cause it to do other functions.

There have been times recently in which it'll switch to another function and I can't get the stopwatch/GPS part of it to stop.

They've simplified their watches tremendously, with the new rollout of the Forerunner 110 but it's pretty ridiculous that someone engineered a watch that won't turn off by itself.

So it's going in, I should be getting a replacement.

Time: 8 a.m.
Temp: 80 degrees
Gear: CFSST (Champion grey), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/B.

No comments: