Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 1,265: A closeout run

The weather was pretty cool today so I set out for a pretty long run, along the ING Georgia Half Marathon course.

I brought along some new gear, an Amphipod waist pack with a water bottle that rests along your back.

It came in really useful. I drank nearly the entire bottle (I filled it with a water bottle before the run) before reaching my office building downtown. At work, I swapped out my technical T-shirt for a spare and drank probably 3/4 of the bottle after I refilled it.

I refilled it and was on my way.

The run was pretty nice. It was getting hotter, maybe about 80 degrees or so but I was so focused on clearing 100 miles for the month. I drank about half of that bottle on the last 5 miles home.

The run was more to enjoy than to train. I had done the same run five days ago and then also a week before.

Time: 7:55 a.m.
Temp: 75-80 degrees
Gear: CFSST (Green Dash 5K), SST (Climb Atlanta), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/B.

No comments: