Friday, May 1, 2009

CTS 852: Back to Middlebear

Today I wanted a long run to complement the Stone Mountain run I had the other day. I thought about running the Stone Mountain trail but decided I had gotten up too late to comfortably do that and make a noon lunch appointment.

I felt good the entire time, which is a good thing to say. The big hills, L1, L2 and L3 were as daunting as ever but I have lots of experience climbing them.

I did notice that after cresting L3 I was thinking about water a lot. Instead of gutting it out and drinking water when I got home I stopped at a CVS a few blocks from my house and drank some Gatorade.

It could be that I'm getting older and am getting dehydrated quicker. But this will be something I'll have to pay attention to from here on out.

Time: 10 a.m.
Temp: 68 degrees
Gear: SST (Ketchikan), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D2.

No comments: