Monday, May 25, 2009

CTS 876: Silver Comet (Hiram to Powder Springs)

HIRAM, Ga. -- I played disc golf with the crew at White Oak Park and then came back to the Hiram trailhead for the Silver Comet.

The plan was to run back to the Carter Road trailhead, giving me more than 16 miles of trail completed.

I thought it was only about 4.5 miles, giving me a 9-mile run. But it turned out it's 6 miles for a 12 mile run total.

My first run on the Silver Comet was 10 miles and it really wrecked me. So since then I've capped my long runs at under 9 miles.

But this run was good. I knew I could eke it out. Right at Carter Road it started raining- light rain. But still I was soaked so it wasn't that comfortable coming back.

I did appreciate the water fountain/rest area right after Milepost 11.

Time: 6 p.m.
Temp: 86 degrees
Gear: SST (Bridge to Bridge), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D2.

No comments: