Saturday, November 1, 2008

William's Walk and Run 5K

I originally signed up for the 10K for William's Walk and Run but I really hate doing loop courses so I just decided to run it in at the 5K (like the Old Soldier's Day race in Alpharetta).

It was plenty cold -- about 40 degrees. While I got my bib number and really cool moisture wicking LST, I wore my windbreaker. Normally I would take it off before the race but I just decided to keep it on.

The local movie theater in the shopping center where the race registration/finish was kindly opened its doors -- there were plenty of people, including me, keeping warm inside.

The race wasn't too bad, so if I was more race ready, I'd say this could be a great 10K to do. I started off really slowly, sort of favoring my right knee, although it wasn't painful.

I just felt like I couldn't go very fast with it.

The second mile was pretty slow, but not as slow. The third mile I went about a minute faster than the first two and I was really blowing by slower runners. It's good to finish strong but hopefully I'll get my running back on pace.

Time: 8:15 a.m.
Temp: 40 degrees
Gear: windbreaker, CFLST, SST (Las Vegas), shorts, AP/D1

No comments: