Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sapped!

Yesterday I was on my way to what I thought would be a 12-mile run, to one of my favorite Mexican eateries across town.

But I made it to Piedmont Park and then just could not go any farther. One reason was I started out a little late and would have had difficulty making it back before I had to be at work at 2 p.m.

The other reason was my body was acting like a stubborn mule. So I made my way around the park and back.

I've been hesitant to really push it because I've added a lot of miles really recently. No need for injury now.

This morning, I was scheduled to run in the Mayor's Race 2 Recycle 5K at Piedmont Park, about a mile away from my house.

How lazy was I? I didn't want to get up at 7:15 a.m. for the 8 a.m. race. I surmised that I could sleep a few more hours then go for an even longer run. I also thought that I didn't really feel like sprinting a 5K when I could run at my own, leisurely pace.

...which I did. I ran in the hilly neighborhoods near Emory University, enjoying all the fall leaves.

My mileage goal for the week was accomplished with that run and I felt refreshed when I met up with the crew at the Mexican place for lunch.

It's good to 1). Have a plan but 2). Be able to deviate from it when necessary. lol

No comments: