Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Half-marathon packet pick-up

Yesterday I had to pick up my race number for Thursday's Weather Channel Atlanta Half-Marathon. The expo was located at the Intercontiental Hotel in Buckhead.

Only thing is I hate driving to Buckhead because of all the traffic. So I ran there. Hopefully I won't be hurting in tomorrow's race because I ran 9 miles a few days before!

Piedmont Road to Peachtree is part of the full marathon course. It's pretty much all uphill, which says something about if you really want to run that race.

But the day was pretty nice. I was nursing a runny nose that was irritating me but it all was good.

The expo was smaller than what I remember for the ING Georgia Marathon and Half-Marathon but was pretty efficient.

Instead of the old ChampionChip, they use these light disposable strips that I imagine has some kind of RFID in them. A neat example of how the technology changes.

I got home okay, swore I would just take it easy today and can't wait for tomorrow's race.

Time: 12:45 p.m.
Temp: 54 degrees
Gear: LST (Ted's), shorts, AP/D1

No comments: