Monday, November 3, 2008

Course recon (Strong Legs 10K)

I had been hearing how hilly Courtland was on the way back in the Strong Legs 10K, so today I decided I'd run on it and see how it was, since I really hate surprises in races.

Course description is here. I went from my place on Highland to the Freedom Park PATH, caught up with the coures at Highland, followed my bike route to Central Park, turned on it.

Then I sort of cut through the course, turned on Park, continued on until Courtland and took it to the Capitol, where I turned and headed back along Piedmont for the start of the course.

It wasn't as hilly as I thought. The only bad stretch is a road overpass on Courtland near Edgewood, that I had run as part of a 5K to Oakland Cemetery in the past.

It's a really beautiful course, with nice touches running along historic Auburn Avenue.

Made for a nice day out. No knee troubles. I had the heroic horn bit from the Main Title of Fallout 3 in my head.

Time: 2 p.m.
Temp: 71 degrees
Gear: SST (Climb Atlanta), shorts, AP/D1

No comments: