Friday, November 21, 2008

Operation Nuevo Laredo

I wanted to get in at least one 10+ mile run before deciding if I would sign up for the Weather Channel Atlanta Half-Marathon on Thanksgiving, and I got my shot at it yesterday.

The course was running past Atlantic Station another three miles or so to one of my favorite eateries- Nuevo Laredo.

The weather was good, about 55 degrees climbing to 61 degrees and I felt good the entire time.

While it's not exactly a run I'd do all the time (I had to cross busy Chattahoochee Avenue twice because of shrubs that blocked the way on the side of the road) I'm happy I was able to power through it.

The run ended up being more than 12 miles, and anytime I can burn up 1,200 calories in a go, that's fine with me. lol

Time: 10:45 a.m.
Gear: LST (Ted's Buffalo Stampede), shorts, AP/D1.

No comments: