Saturday, March 24, 2007

Ready or not....

I am soooo antsy going into this half-marathon tomorrow. The last three days (not entirely by choice) I've had very light runs. I've sidestepped chances to bike to work to save up a little for the race.

Some 45-year-old guy, I could hear him from a mile away, labored to pass me as I did a light run on Virginia yesterday, and then he stopped like 20 feet in front of me. After this race, I'm going to bust people like that. I was praying that he'd turn around and go back up Virginia and then I would waste him on the hill.

Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it.
-Steve Prefontaine

I know I'm ready for this race.

Already looking ahead, I found via the Atlanta Track Club web site that there's a special 5K to commemorate Atlanta hosting the Final Four. I think I'm going to do it, it's in Centennial Park.

No comments: