Saturday, March 10, 2007

On the Bike

My run wasn't that long this morning, since I had to be at work by 11 a.m. and I am not wanting to burn everything out before tomorrow's 10K race, so I decided I would try to go to work by bike.

It's been a while. A long while. I basically stopped biking to work because I found it was better for me to drive to work, change into running clothes, and then stop off on the Middlebear path on my way home.

But biking is 1). great fun 2). A good way to commute.

Running legs made the ride really easy. I've made two rides into Decatur in the past and I like having a one-two punch of running and biking.

I think I'm going to continue to depend on running for the bulk of my workouts, since it's really the only tried-and-true way for me to drop extra pounds. Oprah says you have to go with what works for you, so I'm doing it.

Spring is pretty much here. It'll be interesting to see if I incorporate more bike rides into my workout pattern.

1 comment:

Gnome said...

Biking to work rules!