Friday, March 23, 2007

Glory Days

Oh, man. I can't believe the half-marathon is almost here. This afternoon I went with a work colleague to the expo.

Dude has done even better than I have -- he said he's lost about 40 pounds in the last year, and it really shows.

I think I can do this race. I see no reason why I won't be able to. Yet I haven't run more than 8 miles at one time. I do have one marathon and a baker's dozen 1/2 marathons, one 30K under my belt.

Whoa. I see the start time for the 1/2 will be 7 a.m. I was thinking 8:30! lol. It'll still be a little dark then, I think. Will be interesting.

Of the things I randomly collected:

-1 pair, some kind of elastic scrunchy to keep my ponytail held back (LOL)
-1 Banana Nut Bread Clif Bar (1 oz.)
-Listerine PocketPak, fresh citrus flavor
-Listerine Pocket Mist, fresh citrus flavor
-A sensations bubble massager, whatever that is
-Various coupons, including free hashbrowns and waffle at Waffle House
-Noisemakers
-Posters
-A Publix nylon bag and wrist wrap carrier
-tiny frisbee from REI
-1 race bibb, number 13783
-1 championship timing chip

No comments: