Monday, March 26, 2007

Back in the saddle

Today I went for a relatively short run (two miles or so), down to the shopping center by City Hall East to get a haircut. Then I ran up the long hill by Ponce.

I feel pretty good. I wasn't crazy enough to do a full run so soon, but I was a little curious to see how it would turn out.

I am glad the half marathon is over, because the weather's been so nice it's cool to ride around on a bike. I rode out to Little Five Points to hang out with my financial advisor and we ended up letting her dog loose at Freedom Park, my bike down on its side while swarms of dogs ran all over the place.

Earlier today, I put up old ribbons and medals (Hood to Coast and the Coos Bay 30K). Would be cool to earn more in the future.

I was happy with my time. I signed up for the Sprint for Cancer 10K at the end of next month so it'll be neat to see what kind of times I'm putting up.

Fast or slow, I don't really care. I'm just happy that I'm back, that I feel fit again and it's not taking too much to do it.

No comments: