Sunday, March 18, 2007

Downgraded

The Peachtree 10K race applications are out in today's AJC but unfortunately I'll likely be downgraded to running in the general pack instead of in Time Group IA.

Oh, well.

That's what I get for not really running the last few years and playing poker instead.

These days I have it both ways -- I run and play poker. And it's pretty great.

The main advantage of running in Time Groups IA or IB is that by the time 7:30 a.m. rolls around on July 4, it starts to get warm outside. If you're in, say Group 8, you don't cross the starting line for maybe 10 or 20 minutes and it's really hot by then.

Eh. Either way, I'll be happy that I'm a part of this annual city tradition -- the largest 10K race in the country -- and for once, I'm in shape enough to enjoy running in it.

No comments: