Friday, November 28, 2014

Day 2,890: With weather that goes up and down, you just have to roll with it

This morning it was 29 degrees outside. That meant I didn't want to get up necessarily but I knew I had to get rolling.

By the time I got out it was 32 degrees. Luckily I have this blog for tried-and-true clothing choices in this kind of climate.

I went out and everything was fine. On the way back, up the hill to my home, I felt a slight tinge in my right hamstring. No pain. Just a warning that it was there.

It could be a little overtraining. I have run 37 miles this week, with one day left in the week.
I also need to worry about my running form. In the past, I would aggressively lean forward up hills but now I know I need to keep a good, upright body and maybe even a shorter stride.

Time: 9:33 a.m.
Temp: 32 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, long x2 (Winship Cancer 5K, Atlanta Beltline Eastside 10K), Brooks Spartan III Pants, Skechers Go Run 3.

No comments: