Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Day 2,887: Back on track

It took me nearly a month after running in the Marine Corps Marathon to be able to resume marathon training but the extra time off was worth the wait.

Today I went to Piedmont Park for my longest run since the Oct. 26 marathon -- 9.57 miles from 6 x 1-mile intervals with a quarter-mile recovery.

This time I slowed my pace to just under the 9:09/mile pace that would be needed to break four hours in the race. I ran pretty steadily without trouble and it felt good to be training.

I think the flat route around Lake Clara Meer would be ideal training for an equally flat race course. But a good portion of the park will be occupied for Thursday's Thanksgiving Half Marathon.

Time: 9:53 a.m.
Temp: 52 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, long (Locomotive Half Marathon 2010), shorts, Skechers Go Run 2.

No comments: