Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 1,642: Breaking in some new shoes

Today I decided to wear my new pair of Nike Air Pegasus+ 27s, since my current pair has more than 275 miles on it.

After the first mile I had a little bit of pain under the arch of my right foot but it went away. The shoes felt pretty good.

Maybe a decade ago, it used to take me about 70 miles before my feet got used to a new pair of shoes. They'd be in a lot of pain until the shoes were broken in.

These days it must be the manufacturing process. It's nice to wear them right out of the box.

----------------

I procrastinated to get out of the door and the difference was about 10 degrees -- from 75 degrees to 85 degrees during my run.

Still, I felt pretty good. I crossed into Piedmont Park and it looks like preparations for the Peachtree are underway with two huge rows of porta-potties already in the bowl.

Anyway, I feel good about the upcoming race and am looking forward to peaches, ice cream and a Diet Coke at the finish line.

Time: 9:35 a.m.
Temp: 75 degrees to 85 degrees (82 percent humidity)
Gear: Tech T short (Publix Georgia Half Marathon '11), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 27/A.

No comments: