Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 1,610: Happy National Running Day

For me many times I think of a particular route and it gnaws on me until I finally do it.

Today that route was the run to Atlantic Station, which was part of my training strategy for the Chicago Marathon last year.

Today it was pretty hot (90.8 degrees, 55 percent humidity). It was bright so I wore sunglasses.

I didn't bring any water, although I thought about it a lot. But I knew that if I needed to, I could stop by the Publix at Atlantic Station and there are water fountains in Piedmont Park and John Howell Park.

So everything went pretty much as planned. Near the end, after mile 7 or so I could have used water but I was happy that I made it back. I wasn't totally soaked like I will get later on in the summer, so no need to carry two T-shirts for now.

Time: 9:22 a.m.
Temp: 90.8 degrees (55 percent humidity)
Gear: Tech T, short (Chicago Marathon), shorts, Adidas running shoes.

No comments: