Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 1,623: Signed up for Father's Day 4-miler

I've signed up for the Atlanta Track Club's Father's Day 4-miler. The race on Sunday starts and ends at Turner Field, including a sprint to home plate.

I think in past years, laziness has had something to do with me not jumping in this race. This year, there was a bit of momentum, especially because the event is free for track club members and I re-joined the club this year to not have to go into the lottery for the July 4th Peachtree 10K.

It seems each baseball club in MLB has their own 5K race and this must be the one for the Atlanta Braves, as you register through their website.

For track club members, it looks like you get a $10 value as they only charge you if you want the extras -- $10 for a performance shirt and $12 for an Upper Box seat for the Rangers-Braves game later in the afternoon. (That combo costs $32 total for non-members). There's a $3 online charge, which isn't great but it is what it is.

The race goes into and around Grant Park, which I've never run in for a race. My friend Sham had mentioned the race and I finally decided it should be something I should do.

So here's to this Sunday!

No comments: