Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 1,550: Arabia Mountain PATH, part II



LITHONIA, Ga. -- Today I decided to park at the Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve and take the PATH trail from there.

Already I thought it was much better than when I visited Panola Mountain State Park. The PATH trails here give you a nice diversity of the wilderness, from a granite rock trail (that's off the PATH bike trail) to forest trails that have a few waterfalls like you see above.

The one thing that detracts from this beauty is ... gunfire. At first I thought it was some careless locals plink shooting in the country but there is a police firing range near the park. So don't be alarmed.

I made my way from the Nature Preserve to somewhere around Milepost 6 where there was a spur for the Laurel Creek trail.

I didn't even come close to getting all the geocaches here, so I'm sure I'll be back!

Stone markers guide your way along the Mile Rock Trail

No comments: