Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 1,541: The Publix Georgia Half Marathon blitz


Early this morning was the start of the sign-up blitz for the 2012 Publix Georgia Half Marathon and Marathon.

For this past race, my fiancee and I took advantage of last year's promo blitz -- our entry fees for the 2011 race were $25 each, which is the typical price for a 5K race that doesn't give out goodies such as a technical T-shirt and a finisher's medal.

This year the price was nearly as good. The first 100 people to sign up got 50 percent off the registration and the next 100 got 40 percent off.

So that meant $25 plus an $8 fee on Active.com. I tried to sign us both up but it would only process one registration from my computer.

Who knows what we'll be doing next year but it's still to a good cause, a good race if I somehow don't run in it.

No comments: