Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 1,528: A run in the rain

A bunch of soaked gear after this morning's run. Thankfully my smartphone was in a Ziploc bag.

I was procrastinating where to run today when I saw a new geocache popped up only a mile from where I live.

It had only been raining lightly and my running shoes already were wet from searching for a geocache near Emory earlier in the day. So I headed out and by the time I got to the find, some serious Hollywood-style rain poured out of the sky!

Luckily it was warm enough (56 degrees) that being soaked didn't feel bad. I signed the log then turned around and made my way back along the Freedom Park PATH. One of the nice things about being soaked is you don't have to worry about dodging puddles.

At least I had a windbreaker that worked part of the way and a good hat to keep it out of my face.

Time: 10:45 a.m.
Temp: 56 degrees
Gear: Long-sleeved T (Shamrock Run, Portland), shorts, windbreaker, Jager hat, Nike Air Pegasus+ 27.

No comments: